A new home after 38 years


When I was 12 my parents bought me a guitar and then suffered through my attempts to play it. It was a wonderful gift that helped me connect with the girls at my school and allowed me to express myself. While I was never a very good guitarist, playing it was something I really enjoyed. Several of my kids got their first calluses on those nylon strings! What a fun blessing it was this summer to send it to Mexico to find a new home. I hadn't really thought much about who would receive the guitar, I just knew it was time to pass it on. When I learned that Aaron had given it to a young woman it really touched my heart to know that the little Franciscan guitar was once again in the hands of a girl with music in her heart. I hope it will serve her well and continue to be passed on.

No comments: