
I have never been a big fan of New Year's resolutions. I don't like making promises that sometimes feel out of reach. At the same time, it's good to refocus and look at intentionally changing habits and attitudes. So, here goes....
~ I resolve to replace complaints with compliments, find joy where there has been frustration, and to seek to serve rather than be served.
~ I resolve to worry less and pray more, eat less and exercise more, talk less and listen more, to give more and keep less, and to count my blessings daily.
~ I resolve to try new things and go new places in 2009. On my list are the Highland Games in July, the Greek Festival in October, the Japanese Gardens, and Costa Rica.
~ I resolve to cook a new recipe monthly, try a new restaurant quarterly, read 6 books that are not for work, and talk to my mom on the phone each week.
~ I resolve to discontinue my habit of painting Bob's toenails when he falls asleep watching television, and to stop calling Haley "Bo Peep".
Be always at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let each new year find you a better man. ~ Benjamin Franklin
He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. ~ Jim Elliot


3 comments:
Incredible resolutions. Some are really not needed. You cannot give more than you do, always, everyday, in everyway, for everybody.
Gee, who would make such a nice comment about me...hmmm...maybe my MOM! Ha, you need to read back that second sentence to yourself twelve times a day. Love you!
What inspiring resolutions! You are a wonderful mom and you're sure to have a wonderful year! I especially like the resolution to come to Costa Rica! :)
Post a Comment