
Time to check in with last year's resolutions and set some for next year:
I resolve to replace complaints with compliments, find joy where there has been frustration, and to seek to serve rather than be served.
I think I made some progress in this area...
~ I resolve to worry less and pray more, eat less and exercise more, talk less and listen more, to give more and keep less, and to count my blessings daily.
...worried less, prayed more, ate more and exercised less...and I think I still talked too much despite my best attempts to be quiet.
~ I resolve to try new things and go new places in 2009. On my list are the Highland Games in July, the Greek Festival in October, the Japanese Gardens, and Costa Rica.
I only managed two out of four - the Greek Festival and the Japanese Gardens. Costa Rica came to me!
~ I resolve to cook a new recipe monthly, try a new restaurant quarterly, read 6 books that are not for work, and talk to my mom on the phone each week.
...wow, this seemed so simple when I typed it.I got the reading and the eating part done! (Sorry mom, better luck this year)
~ I resolve to discontinue my habit of painting Bob's toenails when he falls asleep watching television, and to stop calling Haley "Bo Peep".
I DID IT! FOR A WHOLE YEAR!
OK the list for this year looks strangely familiar:
Spend more time with God every day
Focus on eating well and exercising every day
Call my mom weekly
Read at least one book per month
Try a new recipe each month
Learn a new knitting pattern this year
Practice Spanish and improve it
Find a new passion or hobby and pursue it!


1 comment:
Bo PEEP! thats a lie!! I am sure that you called me bopeep!
Post a Comment