
Good Morning from Brooklyn! We are starting day two of our NYC adventure. The weather is nice, cool and breezy and today it seems a bit overcast. Yesterday we took the subway to Grand Central station, walked a bit of 5th Avenue, shopped a bit, went to St. Patrick's cathedral and participated in the last part of mass. We had lunch at Rockefeller center and managed to find our way home which included changing trains! Dinner was a great experience following a walk along the Brooklyn Promenade with a view of the Statue of Liberty, the NYC skyline, and of course the Brooklyn Bridge. We ate authentic NY pizza at a really old resturant in a brick building tucked under the bridge and it was the best pizza we've ever had! Today we are heading back across the river to "do" the Empire State building. We had planned to hit the Met and Guggenheim however I am pretty sick (Bob and I both feel like a big truck ran us over repeatedly) so we may skip the museums. Haley's feeling a bit punky too. It's hard not to feel like we have to see "everything" while here, but we decided to just do what feels good and let the rest go.
Postscript....Haley uploaded a few of our photos...this one is of her singing at Carnegie Hall. :)


2 comments:
A super travelogue. I love every incident, every view, most happy about the St. Patrick bit.
Wish I could be there experiencing it with you! Take lots of pix! Love you!
Post a Comment