Tuesday

Neither of us can remember what we did or what we ate on Tuesday. I think we went out to breakfast at the Honolua General Store and had french toast - we did that one day...but oh well. Tuesday was mostly a rest day for Bob and we read and hung out at the condo. I have no idea what we did for dinner either! HA! We really are on vacation.

Down near the smoking area there's a tree with dead lei's on it. I wonder what the significance of this is?

(There's a turtle family in there someplace...do you see the one turtle poking her head out to say hello?)

HEY I remembered Tuesday! We went to the Whaler's Village shopping center and ate an early dinner at Hula Grill - one of my favorites! I had the Gado Gado salad, which I love. Unfortunately they forgot the peanut sauce dressing so I had to ask for it - quite annoying because without the dressing it's steamed veggies, rice and fish. Bob had the fresh catch of the day done taco style. We people watched and listened to the Aloha hour musicians, then window shopped a bit. Our dinner came with the trademark ice cream sandwich made of brownies, mac nut ice cream and raspberry sauce so we needed to walk that off!

All of Maui is very quiet this week - very few tourists and the mall and restuarants are slow. Nice to have the island to ourselves! For most of our stay there have only been 3-4 other renters at the condos. Last night 3 more families came in but it's still super quiet here.

No comments: